Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Note for Mama

December 22 2012. It seems like every Indonesian is giving their mothers a present, or a kiss, or a hug, or maybe they just simply say thanks and that they love their mothers.

I'm not one of them. Not that I don't want to give her a kiss and a hug.

I do want to buy her a bouquet of flowers. I do want to cook for her. I do want to give her a kiss. I do want to hug her. I do want to say "thank you".
I do really want to say that I love her.

The thing is, I never do such things. I'm too shy to say those simple phrases, and I don't have the guts to give her a present directly. I have no idea why I'm too shy, even to my own mother.
I can only write it, yes, simply like this.

Hm, I will just write a note for Mama (in case you read this, Ma):
I'm sorry for being impolite sometimes. I'm sorry for taking much time to take a bath. I'm sorry for making you angry. I'm sorry for spending your money on less-important things. I'm sorry for all of my mistakes. 
Thanks for taking care of me for almost 17 years. Thanks for calling me just to ask "what are you doing?" and "how's school?". Thanks for cooking that delicious nasi goreng kencur for me. Thanks for letting me go out with my friends. Thanks for buying me cute clothes and cardigans. Thanks for letting me buy those great novels. Thanks for supporting me (especially the last uneasy 3 years) all of the times. Thanks for your prayers. Thanks for everything (this last sentence sounds a bit corny~)
 
I have always loved you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment